Attitude of Gratitude

As the month of November is coming to a close, there has been much conversation on giving thanks for what we have. As I went through the Thanksgiving holiday and was thankful for many things, I couldn't help but think about a lesson I taught to a group of kindergarten students. The lesson not only was about giving thanks, but giving thanks for the simple things.

I read a book to them called Thanks Gracias, by author Pat Mora. It was really great to think about those little things in life that we take for granted. Simple things, like breathing clean air, great weather, and the people around us. I began to make a conscious effort to think about the simple things and start evaluating the possessions that I have. I really began to appreciate the simple things much more than possessions.

With my new found attitude, I will approach the holidays in a whole new way. In lieu of gifts, I will be asking the people around me to make a donation to some of my favorite charities. I not only thought about the people around me, but felt extremely thankful for the people that have made priceless contributions to my life. Not only does this simple act help others, it is helping me enjoy the art of giving and being thankful this holiday season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Kind

Make Kindness a Habit

Your 24/7 support team